NSAP was started by the Government of India during Independence Day of the year 1995 with an aim to support the village poor in the form of financial assistance.
List of Schemes from the Central and State Government:
- INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL OLD AGE PENSION SCHEME (IGNOAPS)
It is a scheme for persons above 60 years of age, which helps them in the form of old age pensions.
Value of the Pension:
Rs. 500 (Rupees Five Hundred) per month for those between 60-79 years of age
Rs. 550 (Rupees Five Hundred Fifty) per month for those of 80 years and above
- INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL WIDOW PENSION SCHEME (IGNWPS)
This Scheme is for widows. Special help for the household where the father has passed away in the form of a pension of Rs. 500/- (Five hundred) per month. Rs. 550 (Five Hundred Fifty) for those
above 80 years of age.
- INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL DISABILITY SCHEME (IGNDPS)
This Scheme provides financial help to a person who is differently abled. It comes in the form of a pension of Rs 500/- (Five hundred) per month. Rs. 550 (Five Hundred Fifty) for those
above 80 years of age.
- NATIONAL FAMILY BENEFIT SCHEME (NFBS)
NFBS is a Central Government Scheme which gives a one time help to the household where the breadearner has passed away. Emergency help can be provided upto Rs 20,000 (Rupees Twenty Thousand)to the deserving household.
How to avail these Schemes?
Inform your needs and requirements from the above schemes from the Office of the Block Development Officer (BDO) through the Myntri/Sordar/Secretary/ Nongsynshar Shnong without waiting for survey works.
Forms will be handed over and you will be instructed on how to fill them up.
What is Important
- Applicant has to be from a BPL Family
- Applicant has to be a permament resident of the village from where he/she is applying and should support her claim though documents like EPIC.
- Consent from the Village Authorities is mandatory
- If a beneficiary of IGNOAPS/IGNDPS/IGNWPS passes away, substitution cannot be done.
- Bank Account is a must for speedy transfer of benefits
It is your gain, do not delay.
Those aged 60 years and above, differently abled, widows, famiies who lost their bread earner.
Finacial Assistance in the form of pension and immediate finacial assistance during unfortunate and tragic events
How To Apply
Through Village Authorities and the Office of the Block Development Officer