Election Branch Election Branch is one of the Administrative organizations in the administrative set up of the DC’s Office. The functioning of the Branch is more of a regulatory and statutory body. It functions under the superintendence, direction and control of the Deputy Commissioner (Election)/District Election Officer. The officers below the Deputy Commissioner (EL) District Election Officer are ADC (EL), EAC (EL) of MCS cadres for Administrative works followed by the Assistant System Engineer and Data Entry Operators Incharge of Electoral Roll database & Computer works and administrative staff which include UDA, LDA, Enumerators. In each Polling Station Booth
- Receive application online and offline for enrollment of all persons of 18 years of age and above in the Electoral Roll including deletion of dead/shifted voters, correction of entries and Transposition of electors
- Preparation of Draft Electoral Rolls before the commencement of the Summary/Special Summary Revision of Electoral Rolls.
- Preparation of Final Electoral Rolls after completion of data entry of all forms.
- Preparation, printing and issue of EPIC.
- Data entry of all forms received for new enrolment (Form 6), enrolment of overseas electors (Form 6A), deletion of dead, shifted voters (Form 7), correction of entries in the Electoral Roll (Form 8), transposition of name (Form 8A) during Summary Revision of Electoral Rolls and continuous revision of Electoral Roll.
- Preparation of last part of Electoral Roll for service voters and special voters.
- Conduct of Election to the Lok Sabha, State Legislative Assembly and Bye Election when necessary.
- Preparation of list of Polling Stations every year before the Summary/Special Summary Revision of Electoral Rolls, fresh list of Polling Stations are proposed in consultation with Political Parties. List of Polling Stations are published after approval by the Election Commission of India.
- Election Branch plays a vital role for giving awareness to the public in general the importance of getting enrolled and exercise of Franchise to make Democracy a reality. In Election year the Election Branch conducts awareness campaign on use of EVM.
- Safe custody of EVMs and proper maintenance of record on EVM Tracking Software.
- Preparation and compilation of Statistical.
- Preparation of AC/PS maps using GIS technology.